Thursday, September 10, 2015

Venice

For me Venice was my "relaxing" stop. I got a room smack dab in the middle of the canals. It was beautiful. I hadn't taken a shower since Vienna. I was even able to comb my hair totally... I usually do that outside because of my ridiculous shedding. High rollin'!

Pro tip: grab a glass of wine, and throw navigational intuition out the window and get lost.
As some of you know I've spent a good amount of time at the Venitian in Las Vegas so coming to the real deal was very much appreciated. 
I couldn't decide which canal smells worse... Venice or Vegas.. but I'd rather hear shouting Italians than stupid stupids that go the Vegas anyday.

A running theme throughout Europe.

After taking the long awaited shower I took to the streets... had wine and a calzoni classico for dinner then ventured onward.. turning every which direction until I was clueless to my where-abouts. The thing about Venice is that the streets are not marked, and tiny alley ways are also streets.. and you can walk a good 150ft before realizing you're at a dead end. Don't get frustrated, get wine.

When I realized I had made it all the way back to the main train station (which I took a canal ferry to my place initially) I figured I should look at my cashed phone map and get back to where I'd sleep.  I went by a store n got some wine and comfort cheese for €4 and enjoyed some time up on the terrace of our building overlooking the canal.

In the morning breakfast was delivered to my room :)
View from the terrace in daylight.
Rode the ferry back to the train station and ventured onward to Florence.

No comments:

Post a Comment