Thursday, August 27, 2015

Étratat

This close your eyes and poke the map decision was excellent! I hope my Bavarian skate turns out so lucky!!  My host was so wonderful. I reallllllly love this one on one time with locals.. this is where the learning really happens... talking about life, politics of our homelands, education, culture and perspectives... and drinking regional beverages ;)

Surfers are out... edgy surfers because there are rocks everywhere!
The body of water is the English Channel
Lots of walking today. Lots of rain this time of year... only ALMOST ate it into the mud... or off a cliff... 
The hilarity of googly eyes is all over...
Support your league when out of the country and not your unknown home team, gasp!!! I almost decided to leave it home all together. But if I'm going to lose it a 4th time, it will have to be somewhere more exotic than Hawaii...
Neat! Monet musings
This looks official... I'll take a photo.  This was outside of a church/cemetery. Military.

Having lunch with Grandma on the beach. That cheese... it stinks.. I can't tell if it's my feet or the cheese now that I'm back in my room... but it tastes great!!
Little town, beautiful cliffs... and a golf course. You can walk everywhere.. skating would have been interesting to say the least.
Transatlantic flight monument here
Didn't Lindberg's baby get stolen and Dalí ostrasized for wearing a dead baby hat during the crisis?? Weird memory from high school Spanish class... time to look it up.
I'd befriend these dudes...
The original monument had their busts coming out of the structure... was bombed away though.

Cow....

There was also an exhibition up on this hill that showed photos of WWII-time Étratat.. it answered my questions about some of the weird terrain down by the water... there used to be buildings there...then they were all destroyed.
These were the barracks once upon a time

2 comments:

  1. The WWII monument says "To the children who died for their country"

    I love that you're in northern France!

    Tchai :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Thanks for the translation :)
      So much to see n learn everywhere! Lovin it

      Delete